So as a relative newcomer to the blogging world, I saw the challenge from Heather from Home With Heather this morning…
Answer these questions about yourself…
- How long have you been blogging?
- What inspired you to start a blog and who are your mentors?
- Are You trying to make money online, or just doing it for fun?
- Tell me 3 things you LOVE about being online.
- Tell me 3 things you STRUGGLE with in the online world.
So I thought I’d try to answer these questions…
- I’ve been blogging for a few months personally, but just started a blog to try and generate some revenue towards the beginning of October (this blog http://www.fitzbiz.org). But before that I had been blogging on a personal blog putting up observations, movie reviews, and other odds and ends for a few months (here at http://writer.fitzhome.com).
- Well, initially I started blogging to write up my movie reviews. Most people who know me know that I love to see movies, so I’ll get coworkers, friends, and family members asking about what movies I’ve seen lately at the theater or on DVD. So that started out as reviews on my website, but blogging made that SOOOO much easier.Mentors? For the business side, I have to go with Yaro Starak and John Chow, but I’m finding that there’s this great big community of people who want to help, like Heather… So I’m hopeful that I’ll find a few more folks to guide me along the way!
- A little of both… I have three blogs — one for fun, one for business (which is fun ’cause it’s a learning experience, and one for the roleplaying game I’m trying to bring to market).
- I love the internet — it consistently blows my mind with the breadth of information and the people that are sharing that information. I love connecting with people from my past — recently connected with a friend of mine from High School that I’d lost touch with and found again on FaceBook. And I just love that I have a reason to write again.
- Like Heather, I have to say writing is sometimes the toughest part. Coming up with topics some days is also a struggle. And then fighting the addiction to keep going when I should be doing other things… Those would have to be my top three!
So Heather, thanks for making me think about myself and what I’m doing as a blogger. I’ve enjoyed many of your posts and am sure I will glean much from your blog!
Until next time…