I don’t know if you know who Caroline Middlebrook is, but she’s been on this road of monetizing a blog for longer than many of us just starting out and seems to have her act together. Hers is one of those blogs I check out regularly!
Anyway… She posted a great article on Tuesday this week providing a list of 20 free e-Books covering internet marketing and monetizing blogs in preparation for putting out her own e-Book. This is a great list that includes some of the big names in the blogosphere, including Yaro Starak (another blog I check out regularly) and Jack Humphrey (yet another great blog).
You can check out her list here. I will certainly be working my way through the list.
Caroline also noted that she’s actually starting to see some income from her efforts now, which is great. I wish her the best of luck. Maybe some of it will rub off on the rest of us. 🙂
Happy reading this holiday weekend!
Have to thank Jack Humphrey for pointing this one out… Follow the directions and watch the results… It’s an interesting experiment!
— copy and paste the Reciprocal Review Carousel and instructions below this line —Reciprocal Review Carousel idea is based on a few simple yet effective link-building and blogging techniques I have learned:
- Build value of the blog by creating a helpful link from within content.
- Provide value to community by doing a review on a blog you personally like.
- Link to YOUR blog has exact anchor text you want and helps you boost Google Rankings.
- No more than 30 outbound links from any page to prevent penalties for link farming.
- Viral effect of the link – as more bloggers participate, link to your blog with YOUR anchor text, coming from quality content post will spread.
Here is How to participate:
- Copy the entire text between the specified lines.
- Create a post on your site and put at least one paragraph explaining how you joined the Reciprocal Review Carousel.
- Paste the text you copied into your post.
- Remove the Bottom Review and At the Top add your own review with a link to a site reviewed, at least 2 sentences about the site and a note – Reviewed by: Your Anchor Text. Link your anchor text to your site. Here is an example:
WordPress Web 2.0 Guide is a blog providing very useful information on building your very own Web 2.0 portal based on WordPress. Detailed instructions and howto guides make it possible for anyone to create a sparkling and engaging blog and join the community of like-minded individuals. Reviewed by: WordPress Web 2.0 Spot-er
- Jack Humphrey’s Blog Marketing Made Easy is a great site for informative articles and tips on how to improve the visibility and traffic to your site. Many new and old articles will keep you reading for quite a while! Reviewed by: Fitzy
- Peter Lenkefi writes about Web 2.0 marketing strategies at Web2Center.com. He has some killer videos over there you should check out along with a ton of good information on blog marketing and various “new media” promotion tactics. Reviewed by: Link Building Maniac, Jack Humphrey, for the Friday Traffic Report
- Andy-Coates.com is an original creator of Viralink concept and a blog publishing information on Magic, Personal development and blog development. I have found a wealth of information on getting your blog noticed and generating the traffic for free. Reviewed by: WordPress Web 2.0 Guide
- FitForFreedom is well-established blog where you can find multitude of information on achieving financial freedom. Blog is run by Marco Righter and his writing style greatly adds to the value of information he provides. Reviewed by: Alex
- Secure Your PC For Internet blog run by Colin and provides essential information everyone accessing internet should know. Identity theft is becoming more and more of an issue and by visiting his blog you can minimize the risk of being compromised. Reviewed by: Alex
- VI-SU blog is all about WordPress, AdSense, SEO and Internet Marketing. Although mostly written in German I have found that using Google translate is worth the effort for his posts. Reviewed by: Alex
- Home With Heather is a great informative blog targeting WAHM (Work At Home Moms) and run by … you guessed it – Heather Masson. Information on what works for her in Internet Business written is very easy to read and comes from her personal experience. Reviewed by: Alex
- A Copywriter’s Blues blog published by Alex Badalic, a veteran of advertising turned musician gives you great food for soul. I have found some nice old videos of Johnny Cash performance and he has a lot more of vintage videos to satisfy fans. Reviewed by: Alex
- Did You Smell That blog authored by one of the veterans on network marketing filled with business ideas you can use. David Ledoux is well known and respected in online community and now he makes his experience available via blog posts. Reviewed by: Alex
- Best Damn Blog run by Richard Wing is all about Internet Marketing. Your visit will be rewarded by honest reviews, freebies and information you need to succeed in this cut-throat business without sacrificing your integrity. Reviewed by: Alex
— copy and paste the Reciprocal Review Carousel and instructions above this line —
So now we’ll see how this helps traffic. But at the very least, I’m helping out some of my fellow bloggers get additional traffic for their own sites!
Let me know how this tip works for you!